1. Costa Rica is a true eco-paradise bordered by two oceans (Pacific and Caribbean) and is a hurricane free zone. Its terrific beaches, great people, ideal climate, breath-taking nature including volcanoes, tropical rain forest, fauna and flora makes it a true paradise…PURE LIFE
2. According to recent studies and surveys, Costa Rica has been ranked as the most stable and reputable country in all of Central America, as well as the #1 democracy in Latin America .
3. Private property in Costa Rica is inviolable and guaranteed by the constitution. As a foreigner you have the exact same rights as nationals.
4. Real Estate is very affordable compared to the US, Europe, international second home and relocation markets.
5. Costa Rica has a strong and stable economy, as most of our buyers are cash buyers. The ones that have made mortgages have had to be well qualified with the Costarican banks. The result is a stable Real Estate market with no significant price crash and very little foreclosure (compare to the US) making your investment safe.
6. Costa Rica is a tax-friendly destination when it comes to Real Estate investments : property taxes are 0.25-0.30% and no capital gain taxes apply.
7. Lower cost of living makes affordable a better lifestyle.
8. Costa Rica is a booming tourist and relocation destination (more than 400 weekly flights, world class sport fishing, surfing, championship golf courses, fine-dining, eco tourism and much more)
9. Outstanding medical facilities & professionals are available for a fraction of the price (compared to the US and Europe)
10. High-quality construction standards (anti-seismic buildings, high-end finishes, exotic local and foreign materials)
Article By Oliver Lambin